Monday, March 29, 2010

Studio Update

It's been a few weeks since the whirlwind of the possibility of a studio in the Lowertown Arts District occured. That particular studio didn't work out due to ventiliation issues, and the possibility of clay dust particles mingling malignantly with the painters' paintings.

While I consented to not have the space, I will have to admit I was a little disheartened. I don't want to screw up anyone's art, but the opportunity for peer feedback was something I was looking forward to. I'm a fairly clean mudbug because of my own allergies, but, meh. I was peeved for all of five minutes, then I just sort of pouted to myself, and now I'm alright and moving on.

I need to get over this wishwashiness and assert myself, cause, art, ect.

But in my defense, it's looking like I'll have a studio at home pretty soon that will not be purely seasonal. Why pay for a studio, when I'll have a space for free in my backyard?

If I want my art to viewed, I just need to get out and start promoting it, and trying to get into shows. Juried Art Services is a really nice site for this. I already have an account there from when I applied for the Windgate Fellowship grant, and I get notices all the time about upcoming shows accepting entries, and because of the grant app, all my current work is present in good quality photos to just reassign and apply to.

My somewhat New Years resolution has been to be fearless, and it's what's gotten me exposed to the LT Arts District in the first place.

Hopefully things will continue to develop and blossom. I'm wanting to expand and get back into metalsmithing as well, and ideas of things to start making and experimenting with are getting me excited to start seeing what appeals to buyers.

We'll see!

Aster (cat, furry child who claims me) keeps distracting me by playing in a paper bag noisily. Must end it here. Will post a copy of my current Artist Statement just to have it up since that won't take me trying to think and type at the same time. Thank you, copy/paste.

No comments:

Post a Comment