Friday, March 19, 2010

Rarely do I write Poetry, But.

Poetry I've had in my head, I'll finally let out for shits and giggles. Please note these aren't necessarily auto-biographical, though events in the day might inspire the 'voice' speaking them. Be prepared for snark, brutal honestly, and so forth.

I.
The wad of hair you left
In the shower drain
Approaches my unguarded foot
Like a meandering,
great
shark.

II.
I once thought about
The shit for economy
And the lack of a place
For hungry souls like me.

I once thought about
Jumping off the side of
A bridge into the frothing
Waters by the dam,

Becoming One Voice
For the Placeless.
Then I remembered that
I am still afraid of heights.

Please forgive me,
O Hungry Souls,
I am still too vain
To speak for you.

III.
I'm writing
This poem
Two words
A time
Just to
Piss you
Off, dear.

IV.
That thread you've worried away at
With a dull pocket knife
is quite frankly,
Me.

>>More to come when I can stop fighting my wireless connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment